Stone house; old Freeman/Cunningham place
In 1904 L. L. Freeman built this grand two-story house. He and his wife, Elsie Freeman, operated the post office here for forty years from 1907 to 1947. L. L. was also the Justice of the Peace. George Hershey also lived in this house and had boarders who worked on the railroad.
In the 1940s, Nancy (Cunningham) Willoughby lived in this house. When she was a teenager, she would look across the road with interest at Harold, who was out in his yard. They
were married in 1949.