CC-24 Harding Building
605 Main Street
Built in 1908-1914, this two-story brick building is early 20th Century Style revival with an echo of Victorian period. A metal entablature with ornate scroll-like medallions decorates the top lines of the building. Kerr Stone Quarry furnished the stone and The Diamond Fire Brick Company brick was used. Owner, T.M. Harding, operated Harding Hardware from 1909- 1949 with his brother L.L. Harding. T.M. Harding came to Colorado for his health. Besides owning Harding Hardware, T.M. Harding was a member of the Board of Trustees 1880-1881. He died in 1913 and his son T.M. Harding, Jr. operated the store until it closed in 1949. T.M. Harding’s wife, Minnie was known for her civic efforts. She established the “Minnie Harding Education Loan for Women”, helping hundreds of women get a college education.