CC-23 Masonic Lodge Building
602 Main Street
In 1881, Mount Moriah Lodge 15, Ancient Free & Accepted, built a two-story plus basement building on this corner lot. It was a 3 bay, flat-roofed brick building with the Lodge Hall on the 2nd floor and commercial space on the ground floor. Both floors of the original building were extended to the alley in 1910. The current Art Deco facade style with small square glazed-tile panel centered between two upstairs double hung windows was laid over the original walls when large cracks appeared in 1931. Two glass block pillars flank the upstairs door at the first floor. The stone was from Kerr Stone Quarry in Howard and the multicolored brick with inset tile panel came from The Diamond Fire Brick Company. The building is still owned by the Lodge.