513-515 Main Street
At a cost of $19,000, T.B. Coulter commissioned architect C.C. Rittenhouse and builder A.C. Jensen to construct this Classical Structure with Beaux Arts influence in 1901. The Kerr Stone Quarry and The Diamond Fire Brick Company were providers for the one-story brick with white metal and wood trim building. Three bay windows with transoms and classical surround flank the center window.
Coulter came to Cañon City in 1896 as a fruit grower but became interested in real estate. He also owned the Arthur Block, the Emery Lot and Steinmeyer 1 of the Talbot Lot. Coulter was President of Citizens State Bank in 1905 and on the Board of Directors at Fremont County Bank in 1921. He served as Mayor from 1903-08. Mr. Coulter was “Dry” meaning he didn’t drink alcohol.