The Apex Building
425, 427, 429 & 431 Main Street
The Apex Building was constructed in 1901 at a cost of $35,000. It was designed for wealthy mine owner Lyman Robison by architects Marean & Norton of Denver in the American Movements/Commercial Style popular at the time. Robison named this building after one of his Leadville mines. The Apex Building has been home to many businesses. On the
corner, Seeley Drug (1902-1914) was one of the first to have a marble-topped soda fountain, making it a popular gathering place. Then came Singer Drug (1914-1935) and Helm Drug
(1936-1972), continuing the tradition.