Moose Lodge Building, 306-308 Main Street
This brick 2-story commercial structure, built 1886-90, features simple metal cornice & parapet and continuous stone string course which outline the upper portion of the second story bays. The stone came from the Kerr Stone Quarry in Howard, 45 miles west of Cañon City, while the brick was made at The Diamond Fire Brick Company. The lower portion has been altered. The Royal Order of Moose Lodge began in 1910 and was housed upstairs at 308 ½ Main until 1978 when they moved to 702 Royal Gorge Boulevard. Lithia Bottling Co. was on the street level in the 1920s. They bottled natural spring water, “reported to be beneficial to the human body.” Later the water was tested and found to be radioactive.