Among the first buildings after Florence was platted by James McCandless in 1872, the adobe occupying this site on the south side of Main Street included Florence’s first Post Office on lot 27 with McCandless as Post Master. Today lot 27 straddles 120 and 122 E. Main. The adobe burned before 1888 as the P.O. was listed in the Knights of Pythias Building at 105 W. Main at that time. In 1897 the P.O. moved back into a new building at 120 E. Main that was built on the site of the old adobe. It remained there until 1902 when it moved to 122 E. Main and then to the Blunt Block at 100 W. Main. 1936 saw the current Post Office building constructed at 121 N. Pikes Peak, where it has stayed ever since.
After the Post Office moved out of 120 E. Main, the National Club Saloon, 1906, and later the Antler Bar, 1912, became occupants. Later tenants included a meat market, a hotographer, a ladies bath, and several automotive (Bundy and Doyle) supply dealers. The building was restored and is now occupied by an art gallery.